Monday, December 24, 2012

L'Oreal Color Caresse Shine Stain [Lip Glosses] - REVIEW AND SWATCHES

   I have been on a serious roll when it comes to finding new lip products lately... if only applying to college were that easy. I found these L'Oreal Color Caresse Shine Stain glosses at Rite Aid, just by chance, and I think I'm in love. Not to be over dramatic or anything, but these are really impressing me. I've only had them a few days and I've worn them so many times already. I remember a few weeks ago I heard they were out and ran to Target to get them, only to find out they actually were not out yet. I completely forgot about them until I happened across them in Rite Aid! I'm going to include some pictures and a few amateur swatches, so let me know what you think of them!



Here are a few pictures of the display. The colors in order are: Pink Perseverance, *Pink Resistance, *Rose On and On, Lilac Ever After, Berry Persistent, Infinite Fuchsia, Coral Tattoo, Pink Rebellion, *Endless Red, Stubborn Plum, Ever Lasting Carmel, *Eternally Nude. See a pattern in those names? It's kind of funny and I didn't realize it till I got home and was swatching them, but all of the names have to do with 'long-lasting,' which makes sense considering they're a 'shine stain.' I put a * next to the ones I purchased and will be swatching.




 On the left are the first swatches of (colors top-down) Rose On and On, Eternally Nude, Endless Red and Pink Resistance. In the picture to the right, are the same colors after I tried to wipe them off with a tissue. So as you can see, they do have a staining effect and if you have the gloss on for longer, they tend to stain darker. All of the glosses have a nice sheen and they definitely look like you're wearing a gloss.

Rose On and On is a very pretty rosy color with a nice sheen to it when on the lips.

Eternally Nude is your standard nude with a hint of caramel, definitely darker on the lips than it appears in the tube. 

Endless Red is, for a lack of better description, a light red, which has a hint of a dark pink (pictured below on lips).


Pink Resistance is a light pink with a hint of coral in it. It's lighter than the nude and leaves just the nicest color on your lips to give em a little oomph. This one is definitely my favorite!


 
As you can see, this was another part of the display. They're advertised as being made up of 30% water, which is interesting because they don't feel very heavy but are a little sticky. They have a good lasting power and although after eating a meal the shine was gone, some color pigmentation was still on my lips.




 I really do like the packages on these, because they're small and chic. The gold tube is the same material as the original L'Oreal Color Caresse lipsticks. It does get finger print marks on it, but I'm not one to really care about that too much. I like how the color is visible through the plastic, but don't let this deceive you because the color does not always swatch true to the way it looks in the tube!

I think that $9.99 is pretty expensive for a lip product at the drugstore and I didn't even realize the price till after I bought them. But if you're interested, I think picking up a few would be worth it because they're going to last you a while AND be long lasting on your lips. Let me know if you've found any and which one's you like! 


If you ever have a request for a post or want me to hunt a product down, just let me know!


XO


Skye

No comments:

Post a Comment